Chartered Building Surveyors offer specialized services in all property and construction matters. This article summarizes some of the services provided by Chartered Building Surveyors.
Design & Project Consultancy Services
Designing and managing construction baugutachter projects can be time-consuming. These professionals provide customers with project management services. The result is a more efficient and cost-effective project. They also audit and upgrade works to comply with UK disability laws. On bigger projects they help with the selection and coordination of other consultants. These professionals also act as Project Supervisors for the Design Process (PSDP) which is a mandatory requirement under the Safety Health and Welfare at Work regulations 2006. Other services that fall broadly within design and project consultancy services include:
- Planning and Fire Safety Certificate Applications
- Disability Access Certificate (DAC) applications
- Applying for Certificates of Compliance with planning permission, regulations, fire safety and other requirements
- Measured Surveys
Property Management & Maintenance
Chartered Building Surveyors also provide management and maintenance services. Specific services provided include:
- Execution of maintenance works including project management from inception to completion.
- Planned maintenance programs incorporating preventive maintenance.
- Preparing reports on the condition of a building prior to the commencement of any development work.
- Analyzing defects in buildings and making recommendations on remedies.
Some of the commercial survey services offered by Chartered Building surveyors include:
- Building surveys prior to the purchase of a commercial building. This enables the prospective owner to understand the condition of the building and implications this have in terms of renovation costs and legal compliance.
- Preparing schedules of condition reports to existing buildings and adjacent properties. This protects both parties since it records the current condition of both properties prior to the commencement of any work
- Carrying out building energy rating surveys. This is currently a legal requirement for all non-domestic properties for sale or letting.
- Project monitoring on behalf of financial institutions who may have a financial interest in the property
Landlord and Tenant Services
Chartered Building Surveyors provide a range of services to both landlords and tenants. For tenants they may provide advice on dilapidations. Dilapidations are breaches of contract to repair premises as contained in a lease agreement. A good example of dilapidation is a leaking roof or a broken window. Landlord’s can benefit from the preparation of accurate schedules that can stand a legal test and which are enforceable.
Chartered Building Surveyors can help property owners with boundaries by helping locate the true position of the boundary. Closely related to this includes helping property owner’s overcome an obstructed right of way or deal with a tree nuisance. They can also act as expert witnesses in a court of law where the issue is a boundary dispute.